CAV Fees & Guidelines


Owners' Corporations 


The Owners' Corporations fees prescribed by regulation for the 2015-2016 financial year are available here.


Rooming Houses

Estate agents who have reason to believe a property they are managing is being used as a rooming house but is not registered as such, must notify the municipal council.

CAV Guidelines for Real Estate Agents

CAV Q&A on Rooming House Laws


Trust Account Advice

Real estate agents must establish and maintain a trust account that complies with the Estate Agents Act 1980 (the Act) and the Estate Agents (General, Accounts and Audit) Regulations 2008 (the regulations). Consumer Affairs Victoria has produced a handy reference guide (below) to help agents comply with these requirements.

Individual REIV Members with questions about trust accounts can contact the REIV Information Officers.